About the Institute
NADOHE’s Standards of Professional Practice Institute is an unparalleled professional development opportunity for early- and mid-career diversity leaders in higher education. Through the program, participants will utilize a case study focused curriculum that is especially relevant in higher education today, and designed to further develop competencies for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within their organizations. The cohort model will allow participants to explore contemporary topics impacting their work and will promote the development of a robust community of colleagues for longstanding support.
The Institute is modeled after other proven and respected professional development programs in higher education. Each session will focus on critical priority areas in higher education. Sessions are led by faculty who have served as a college or university chief diversity officer or senior administrator and/or who are leading experts in this field.
Save the Date: the 2023 SPPI will take place in-person June 14 - 17, at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.
The cost of registration is $2,595 for NADOHE members and $3,095 for non-members. The Courtyard Cleveland University Circle is the designated hotel and a special rate of $169 a night plus applicable taxes and fees, is available to SPPI registrants and faculty until Wednesday, May 31. Space in the SPPI cohort is limited, so reserve your spot today!
For more information or questions on the program please visit nadohe.org or email email@example.com.
View the 2023 SPPI Preliminary Schedule
Past SPPI Virtual Partial Faculty List
- Yvette M. Alex-Assensoh, Ph.D., J.D., Vice President for Equity and Inclusion, University of Oregon
- Pearl Alexander JD, PCC, ACC, Executive Director of Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Rusty Barcelo, Ph.D., Higher Education Equity & Diversity Consultant
- Dr. Kevin A. Christian, Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity, American Association of Community Colleges
- Archie Ervin, Ph.D., Vice President, Institute Diversity, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Paulette Granberry Russell, J.D., Senior Advisor to the President for Diversity, Emeritus. Michigan State University
- Dr. Merrill Irving Jr., President, Hennepin Technical College
- Caroline Laguerre-Brown, J.D., Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement, The George Washington University
- Kevin McDonald, J.D., Ed.D., Vice President for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Community Partnerships, University of Virginia
- Elizabeth Ortiz, Ed.D., Vice President for Institutional Diversity and Equity, DePaul University
- Donald A. Outing, Ph.D., Vice President for Equity and Community, Lehigh University
- Benjamin Reese, Jr. PsyD, President, BenReese, LLC, Former Vice President, Office for Institutional Equity at Duke University and Duke University Health System
- Andristine M. Robinson, Chief Diversity Officer, Prince George's Community College
- Robert M. Sellers, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Equity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer, University of Michigan
- Anneliese Singh, Ph.D., Associate Provost for Diversity and Faculty Development, Tulane University
- Daryl G. Smith, Ph.D., Senior Research Fellow and Professor Emerita of Education and Psychology, Claremont Graduate University
- Clyde Wilson Pickett, Ed.D., Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion, University of Pittsburgh
- Roger L. Worthington, Ph.D., Executive Director, Center for Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education, University of Maryland, College Park
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch attendees from the 2019 SPPI speak about their experiences.
Charlene Alexander, Ph.D., Vice President, Chief Diversity Officer, Oregon State University
Tonya Bailey, Ph.D., Chief Diversity Officer, Lansing Community College
Anita Dashiell-Sparks, Associate Dean of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, University of Southern California
Ty-Ron Douglas, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, University of Missouri
Nkenge Friday, Ph.D., Assistant Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Kenya Hobbs, Director, Diversity and Inclusion; Title IX Coordinator, Medaille College
Raymond Reyes, Ph.D., Associate Provost and Chief Diversity Officer, Gonzaga University
Nicole A. Sirju-Johnson, Ph.D., Interim Chief Diversity Officer and Director, Multicultural Resource Center, Binghamton University
Renee Smith-Maddox, Ph.D., Associate Dean, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, University of Southern California
Scott Vignos, J.D., Assistant Vice President, Strategic Diversity Initiatives, Oregon State University
Kate Webster, Ph.D., Director, Student Diversity and Multicultural Affairs, Rush University Medical Center
Jay Williams, Ph.D., Chief Diversity Officer, Minnesota College